Oh My Oh My! Think it's here for real... those terrible twos everyone talks about. Boy Oh Boy... Sir Elliott is testing our patience and parenting skills indeed.
Elliott began this glorious transition by freely expressing the words "NO" and "MINE". As of late, the whining, the kicking and tantrums over the smallest obstacle has become a regular activity. Not impressed! It's another beautiful phase we parents have to endure to remind us how wonderful and magical children are in our lives - lol. Don't get me wrong, I love the little guy to pieces, specially when he gives me that dimpled smile, and curls over with laugher and then says "mommy? I woe you".
For a brief two minutes this morning, breakfast was relaxing. As I was walking past Elliott's high chair with my nice hot coffee and waffle, I got cereal thrown at me... nice. Cereal then gets thrown all over the kitchen floor, and Elliott's laughing his little but off (a little devilish laugher I must say). Of course, I was not impressed, but was happy that he at least tried a new cereal brand (vanilla honey bunches).
Oh patience... my breakfast had to wait...
There were a lot of incidents over the last 3 days that tested my patience, which were not easy to deal with being sick with a cold and not having any energy. Hoping this week will bring better luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment