Thursday, December 10, 2009

Favorite Morning Interactions

As I was rocking Elliott in my arms and singing the usual lullabies, I started thinking of all sorts of topics to post ~ all the cute little moments I share with Elliott that I haven't been able to record.
This post captures a few of my favorite interactions with Elli in the morning...
Standing tall in his crib he awaits Mommy or Daddy to come greet him. I wait for a few minutes to hear what kind of gibberish conversation he's having with himself. On opening the door I say "Good morning Elliott, how was your sleep?", and he responds with a huge smile and holds out his arms waiting for us to come closer to him. Before picking him up, Ellie likes to rub his head on my shirt to clean his snot (nice). Once in my arms, I give him a huge hug swaying him back and forth, and he pats me on the back. Wonder what he's trying to convey with the pat on the back...  

great job mommy
thanks for coming to get me
good morning to you too
I love you mommy
 

It'll be a whole new experience when he can talk. Anyhow, back to our morning cuteness...
On the change table, he stretches and yawns, then mumbles some more gibberish while staring at my wicked bed hair (oh, it's bad). "Who's got stinky feet?" I ask. Elliott stretches his leg up, points his toes way up to reach my nose. No shame, just sticks those feet right on my face. I laugh, he laughs, it's our moment.
Once a fresh diaper is on, he wants to sit up right away and explore the trinkets on the shelf. Usually chooses between the toothbrush he took from the bathroom the night before, or his hairbrush. First we put on his shirt (while holding the trinket), then socks and at last pants (more challenging). He's ready to jump down from the change table before I can finish brushing his static bed head (I call it Einstein hair). He runs straight to the stairs, looks back at me and grins, grins at the cat and commences his climb down the stairs holding onto the railing. He's become a pro, boy are we in trouble.
Ellie drinks his formula sitting in the highchair watching "Max & Ruby" or "Dragon" while I get my hair done. Daddy prepares the bottles for the day, I finish up my coffee and we're ready to rock & roll.  Elliott sits on a toy chair by the front door that plays music when he sits on it - perfect distraction for getting his jacket & shoes on.
Elliott loves to hear his music in the car ride to daycare - not sure if he minds my singing along...

No comments:

Post a Comment